Sunday, January 10, 2010

Positive Starts (some more than others, but all positive in the end!)

Well, I've started the New Year with a bang in some ways and a whimper in others!

I set myself some goals related to entering blog contests and weight loss. I decided to post today because I've made some progress on both goals, though one has gone really well and the other one - well...not so much!

I've been entering blog contests. I really like doing them though I have to keep reminding myself that I don't have 20 hours a day to do so! I do work full-time and I have things to do once I'm at home that means I have to fit the blog contests in where I can.

I've had some amazing wins already though and that has sparked my interest in entering blog contests! I was lucky enough to win a Flip camcorder from a Canada-only blog contest. I was SO thrilled to wake up on New Year's Day and find out that I had won! I have already told the little kids and they are really excited too! Now I just have to wait for the camcorder to arrive. I also won a gorgeous necklace that I was very excited to win. I had actually bookmarked the company's site after I entered because I loved the necklaces and thought they might make for an interesting fundraiser at work. Imagine my surprise to find out that I had won! I haven't gotten the necklace or the Flip yet but I excited that will be coming!

My second goal involved losing some weight. The year started out well but I managed to gain 5 pounds in the matter of a week! I hit the highest weight I've been in 10 years (180 pounds - I hate saying that) but it has lit a fire under me to get back to my old regime!

I started back at the gym today. I managed to complete 20 minutes on the treadmill at 3.5 mph and an increasing incline. I then spent 35 minutes on the bike at a random setting and Level 1. I obviously have to work on this front to increase my speeds and my intensity levels but I was pleased that I had started back again!

I am going to use this blog to track my progress in terms of my exercise and weight as well as other reflections I make. I think it will serve as an inspiration for me!

Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. sounds like some great plans and great prizes that you have won as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with meeting all your goals!

    ReplyDelete